LANCELOT is an European funded project with a total of 23 partners from 8 European countries who explored how to use live online rooms for certifying on-site trainers to professional live online trainers.
Project titel: LANCELOT – LANguage Learning by CErtified Live Online Teachers
Project number: A/05/B/P/LA-158.239
Program: Leonardo da Vinci, Language Competencies II
Project duration: 2005-2007 (24 months)
Applied budget: ca. 300.000 Euro.
Project idea, writing of all content parts, programmatical parts and partner-related parts of the LANCELOT proposal, key role in coordination of proposal writing, acquisition of most of the project partners (and of all German speaking partners): Dr. Ilona Hündgen, main initiator of the LANCELOT project.
LANCELOT was the very first European educational LIVE online research project. Before LANCELOT only ASYNCHRONOUS elearning was topic of European elearning research funding projects. With LANCELOT Dr. Hündgen originated a complete new branch in the European educational elearning research. LANCELOT was a milestone and showcase in the field of elearning research and business.
As inventor and main initiator of the LANCELOT project is Dr. Hündgen the originator of the European educational live online funding research.
- a manual for the live online language teacher, providing guidelines on how to acquire skills necessary to teach languages in virtual classrooms (pedagogy / methodology / technology)
- a guide for the teacher trainers who support the language teachers on their way to becoming professional live online language teachers
- a European certificate, documenting the qualification acquired in the LANCELOT training course.
Active Project Partners:
- Ankara University, Turkish and Foreign Language, Research and Application Centre TÖMER, Turkey
- ICC Europe, accreditation partner, Germany
- International House, language school, United Kingdom
- let’s talk online, language school, Germany (Co-initiator)
- The Danmarks University of Education, Media and ICT in a Learning Perspective, Denmark
- University of Manchester, School of Education, United Kingdom
- University of Vienna, Department of Educational Sciences, Austria (Coordinator, Co-initiator)
- Arrow International, UK
- Federal Foreign Office in Berlin, Germany
- Language Training Center CEBS, Austria
- Max Hueber Verlag, Germany
- Österreichinstitut, Austria
- Samuel Heinicke Fachoberschule, Germany
- Vienna International University Courses, Austria
- Vocational Training Institute Austria BFI, Austria
- Chamber of Commerce of Munich, Germany
- Chamber of Trade of Munich and Bavaria, Germany
- General Directorate of Foreign Education and Teaching in Turkey, Turkey
- Language Competence Center Graz, Austria
- Ministry of Education, Science and Culture in Austria, Austria
- Austrian Trade Union (ÖGB), Austria
- Trade Union for Building, Agriculture and Environment, Germany
- WIFI Vocational Education Centre of the Chamber of Commerce in Austria, Austria
European Live Online Center
LearnGalaxy Live Online Training Blog
LearnGalaxy on Twitter
LearnGalaxy on YouTube